Android App: SimpleBGC32 from Google Play
Pairing Code: 0000
Updates to Software and Firmware from previous version:
- User-written scripts (see Newest Versions and user manual)
- IMU temperature calibration and compensation.
- New tool “Analyze” to make an analysis of system response.
- Notch filters have adjustable gain (0..100%)
- “Motor outputs” settings group is changed to a per-profile basis
- GUI and firmware support Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) module communication (experimental)
- A new setting group “Outer PI controller” to adjust values for the outer (cascade) PI controller (default value is 100 suit most setups)
- New option “Swap frame and main sensors” to use frame IMU as main IMU and vice versa
- New option “Gyro deadband” to cut off gyro noise around zero (that may be audible as ‘white noise’ in heavy setups)
- New option “I2C high-speed”. Use it carefully: high-speed mode may cause I2C errors.
- Frame upside-down command loads default profile after reset
- frame upside-down detection doesn’t work if “skip gyro calibration” is disabled.
- acceleration limiter does not work properly with the big speed setting in the “Follow” mode: camera overshoots target position
Encoder Manual: SimpleBGC_32bit_Encoders
This manual will help with connecting, programming and tuning of your Basecam Brushless Gimbal Controller (BGC)
Connection Diagram for 32Bit: 32 Bit Connection Diagram
8Bit Manual and connection diagram:
You can now use the software on Mac. Make sure to download the GUI for your mac from the link above as well as install the Mac OSX driver from the page below. Without the proper driver, the USB connection will not work. With the newest firmware, you can also update the firmware on a Mac. Older versions of firmware you must do firmware updates on a PC.
Also, sometimes the order matters for connecting to a Mac.
1) Turn on your Ghost (If you want to motors to power up). 5v power is also supplied through the USB cable.
2) Plug it in with USB
3) Open the GUI Software – should say SimpleBGC_GUI.jar Sometimes you have to “control” click to open the software for the first time on a mac.
4) Then you can select the appropriate connection (/dev/tty.usb) and hit connect.
- Click here for appropriate drivers or obtain from the link in the Manual: Drivers
If some of the steps in the manual are confusing please refer to our Instructional Videos. We are trying to constantly add more instructional videos to make the operating and adjusting of the Ghost as simple as possible.
If your questions are not answered in either place please refer to the FAQ page